Technician and engineers who need to use colorimetry concepts and/or colorimeters
Basic knowledge in radiometry and spectroradiometry (quantity and units...) may be useful but a reminder is proposed at the begining of the training
- Understanding the fundamentals of color perception in human vision
- Mastering CIE colorimetry (XYZ, xy, L*a*b*, L*u*v*, u’v’... spaces and coordinates)
- Understanding color measurement principles and manipulating different kinds of colorimeters
- Discovering the notions of illuminants, correlated color temperature, etc.
Photometry and spectroradiometry.
Physiological fundamentals / Grassmann laws
CIE 1931 and 1964 color matching functions, XYZ space, xy chromatic coordinates, ...
CIE 1976 Uniform Color Spaces (CIELUV, CIELAB)
Light sources and standardized illuminants, ...
Introduction on photometry and spectroradiometry
- Physiological foundations, Grassmann laws, CIE 1931 standard observer and XYZ standard
Additive and subtractive color mixing
- standardized measurement geometries, colorimeter and spectrocolorimeter principles
More advanced notions:
- CIE 1964 standard observer, CIE 1976 Uniform Color Spaces, sources and illuminants, CCT, CRI...
Lectures and exercises (tutorials)
Live show of colorimetry measurements with real instruments
Lab works with commercial instruments
Next session: date to be defined
April 01, 2019 to April 02, 2019 EF5 | Colorimetry Palaiseau
- Hervé Sauer - Professor at Institut d'Optique