Technician and engineers who need to use colorimetry concepts and/or colorimeters
• Understanding the fundamentals of color perception in human vision
• Mastering CIE colorimetry (XYZ, xy, L*a*b*, L*u*v*, u’v’,... spaces and coordinates)
• Understanding color measurement principles and manipulating different kinds of colorimeters
• Discovering the notions of illuminants, correlated color temperature, etc...
Photometry and spectroradiometry.
Physiological fundamentals / Grassmann laws
CIE 1931 and 1964 color matching functions, XYZ space, xy chromatic coordinates, ...
CIE 1976 Uniform Color Spaces (CIELUV, CIELAB)
Light sources and standardized illuminants, ...
Introduction on photometry and spectroradiometry
• Physiological foundations, Grassmann laws, CIE 1931 standard observer and XYZ standard
Additive and subtractive color mixing
• standardized measurement geometries, colorimeter and spectrocolorimeter principles
More advanced notions:
• CIE 1964 standard observer, CIE 1976 Uniform Color Spaces, sources and illuminants, CCT, CRI, ...
Lectures and exercises (tutorials)
Live show of colorimetry measurements with real instruments
Lab works with commercial instruments
Prochaines sessions, inscrivez-vous !
- Hervé Sauer - Enseignant-chercheur à l'Institut d'Optique