SC2Optical manufacturing and optical metrology
Engineer; advanced technician
• know the steps of optical components manufactering
• learn the control systems of optical components
• know basic quality concepts
Optical component manufacturing processes
• Various machining methods
Control of optical parts
• Awareness of quality procedures and associated standards.
Visit an optical workshop: Laboratory polishing.
Methods of manufacture
• Machining, mechanisms lapping and polishing.
• Processes for spheres and planes. Industrial production equipment.
• Principles and implementation of computer assisted polishing.
• Special processes and ion milling.
- Numerical control manufacturing processes
• Manufacturing equipment inspired by the mechanics: machining diamond tool
• CN Manufacturing equipment Roughing - Fining - Polishing - edging
• Polishing by magneto-rheological and application to the manufacture of aspherical surfaces
• Controls with caliber and interferometer, dimensional metrology
• wavefronts analyser : Hartmann, Hartmann-Shack, Hartmann modified lateral shift interferometry
• Interferometric measurements (Zygo)
Awareness of quality procedures and standards
• Quality Concept and approach: quality objectives and indicators
• Risk management, problem solving method, role of quality documentation.
• Introduction to quality standards and certification procedures.
Optical workshop visit
Prochaines sessions, inscrivez-vous !
- Sébastien De Rossi - Enseignant-chercheur à l'Institut d'Optique